Overcoming Hurts, Hang-Ups
and Habits God’s Way!
Meeting Thursdays at 7:00PM in the Fellowship Hall
At Northcliffe Baptist Church -10515 Northcliffe Blvd, Spring Hill, FL
Life’s Healing Choices is a place to find hope, encouragement, support, and
unconditional love. Our meetings provide a place where you can connect to other
people, develop close friendships, and share openly and honestly about real life
in a safe, confidential environment. In doing life together, fertile ground is sown
for the healing process to begin. Shame and pride are left behind. Meetings are
Christ-centered and biblically-based. We learn how to be transformed from the
inside out by renewing our minds with the Word of God (the Bible).
Small Groups Presently Offered:
· Men’s Purity Group
· Wives of Men With Purity Issues
· 3H (Hurts, Hang-ups and Habits) Group for Men
· 3H (Hurts, Hang-ups and Habits) Group for Women
Life’s Healing Choices is based around Eight Principles that directly correlate with the
12 Steps of AA. These principles, however, are Christ-centered and biblically-based. They are…
1. We realize we are not God and admit that we are powerless to control our tendency to do the wrong
thing and that our lives are unmanageable apart from Jesus Christ.
2. Having put our faith in God through the final work of Jesus Christ on the Cross, we utilize three
resources: i) the Word of God, ii) the indwelling Spirit of God and iii) the people of God to help us
overcome our hurts, hang-ups and habits.
3. Consciously choose to commit our entire lives and wills to Christ’s care and control.
4. Utilizing our three resources, we openly examine and confess our faults to ourselves, to God and
to at least one mature, trustworthy Christian.
5. Willingly submit to any and all changes God wants to make in our lives and humbly allow Him to
help us put off our old natures with their character defects and partake of His holy nature in the form
of the fruit of the Spirit.
6. Evaluate all of our relationships, past and present. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt us and
make amends for harm we’ve done to others when possible, except when to do so would harm them
7. Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God
more intimately and His commands and principles as found in the Bible. We also form relationships
with other believers and become active participants in a local church.
8. As we consistently walk in the freedom that we experience as a result of these principles we: i) take
this message to others who struggle with hurts, hang-ups and habits, and ii) we seek God’s perfect
will for our lives; honoring Him by offering ourselves to Him completely.
Location of meeting on Northcliffe’s Campus
Location of Northcliffe Baptist Church
Look forward to seeing you Thursday!